Thursday, April 25, 2013

Captain Video

So, since I have this fancy camera that can shoot HD video, I decided to give it a shot.  This past Saturday I spent a couple of hours with a beautiful young lady, having her pose for some stills and then do some video.  My original idea was to get a sort of (slightly) moving portrait that would communicate a bit more than a still. After getting myself all pumped up that I had discovered a new artistic angle, I consulted my go-to reference work (the Interweb) and found out (gasp!) somebody else already thought of it.  It's called a "long portrait" and there are some pros out there who have been doing it for a while, apparently.  But rather than sulking about it, I decided there's no reason I shouldn't try my hand.  So I did.  Once I finish editing the clips I'll post a link so you can tell me how I should stick to the still stuff.  In the meantime, here are a couple of shots of the model, processed of course.  She was great to work with and I think she had a lot of fun.  In any case she's a good sport to allow me to mangle her visage to suit my warped photo styling muse.



No comments:

Post a Comment